Fly LAN First
The Mid-Michigan Business Travel Coalition (Coalition) is an organization dedicated to promoting the best possible air service in the Greater Lansing region through Capital Region International Airport (LAN).
Fly Lansing. And Our Region Soars.
When you Fly LAN First, you help support Lansing's Capital Region International Airport and propel the economic future of the entire mid-Michigan region.
The Mid-Michigan Business Travel Coalition is an organization dedicated to promoting the best possible air service in the greater Lansing region through LAN. The coalition consists of organizations that share its mission to support the best interests of business travelers in the region, retain current air service at LAN and strategically support efforts to secure new air service in the region. Coalition members recognize that quality air service is a critical component in the overall economic development strategy, and that LAN is a major economic driver in the region.
The coalition's primary mission is to better understand and help meet the needs of business travelers and seek broader participation in the coalition from the greater Lansing region business community.
- Understand the region's business travelers' preferred flight schedules and use the preferences to help retain and/or justify possible changes/optimizations of existing flight schedules.
- Quantify the frequency and causes of delays/cancellations of the current flight service and work with the respective airlines to reduce the frequency.
- Propose and justify additional service through either new destinations or increased frequency to existing routes.
When you fly Lansing, you're directly supporting the greater Lansing region's economy. LAN is not only an essential asset to the tri-county region, it also plays a significant role in the transportation system and economic health of the region and the state.
- LAN has a $1 billion annual economic impact
- Nearly 700 people are employed at the airport
- Contributes nearly 6,200 jobs statewide
- More than $181 million in wage income locally and statewide
Fly LAN First every time you travel, and support your local community. Community support gives LAN the opportunity to expand services to meet the needs of the region.