The Capital Region International Airport is an essential asset to the tri-county region and the state of Michigan. Serving a population of nearly 490,000 in the tri-county region alone, as well as state government and some of the largest employers in Michigan, LAN plays a significant role in the transportation system and economic health of the region and the state.
A Measure of Worth
There are 700 people employed at the airport, and LAN contributes nearly 6,200 jobs and more than $181 million in wage income locally and statewide, with $1 billion in total annual economic impact. More than 352,000 passengers fly through LAN each year to connect to 500+ global destinations through major airlines.
In addition to passengers, LAN has a robust cargo operation that continues to grow every year. 63.5 million pounds of cargo is moved through LAN annually. And, as mid-Michigan's only U.S. Port of Entry and one of two airports in the state with a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Federal Inspection Station, LAN offers a competitive, local alternative to clear international products quickly and conveniently. The airport also provides support for corporate and general aviation and business development opportunities.
The Capital Region International Airport is, and will continue to be, dedicated to finding ways to be cost-conscious and efficient, and to bring air service to this region.
LAN Fast Facts
- Only one stop away from 500+ global destinations
- Avoid long lines and crowds when you fly LAN
- $1 billion in annual economic impact with 700 people employed at the airport
- One of two airports in the state with a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Federal Inspection Station
- Flights operated by American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and Apple Leisure Group
- 352,000+ passengers fly through LAN every year
- UPS Michigan Air Operations hub
- 63.5 million pounds of cargo moved annually
- Annual operating budget of $10 million
- 2,083 acres located at the boundary of Clinton, Eaton, and Ingham counties
- Nine gates; three runways totaling 17,000 ft.
Port Lansing Fast Facts
- Mid-Michigan’s only U.S. Port of Entry
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection to clear international passengers and products quickly and conveniently
- 48,000 sq. ft. cargo facility adjacent to the airfield
- Container freight station—facility specializing in consolidation and deconsolidation of imports and exports
- Home to Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) #275, covering eight counties
- Offers importers and exporters a competitive, local alternative to larger metro hubs, where they may experience frequent hassles and delays