Operations & Badging Information
All airport employees, tenants and vendors must have appropriate airport issued identification to access security-protected areas of the airport. The Airport Badging Office, located in the Airport Operations Office on the second floor of the terminal, is responsible for issuing airport ID badges. To receive your airport ID badge, you'll need to complete a two step process. Both steps will require a separate visit to the airport.
Airport Badging Process
To start the badging process, all employees and vendors must schedule a badging appointment online using the link below. Please do not contact Airport Operations or the Airport Administration Office to schedule an appointment. After scheduling your first appointment, download the badging application and bring the completed application with you to your first appointment.
Schedule an Appointment
Download Badging Application (must complete before appointment)
Appointments are required for badging and training.
Badging Office Hours
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 12 noon and 1 - 4 p.m.
Badging Office: 517-886-3724
Operations Department: 517-321-8525
The office is closed for holidays and special events.
Employee Parking Permits
Airport employees and air carrier crew members who need to park a vehicle at the airport for work purposes may apply for an employee parking permit with the Airport Badging Office. Airport employees who have an airport issued SIDA badge are not required to obtain a separate employee parking permit.
Important Badging Documents
- Badge Guidelines: General information about the badging process including instructions, authorization, appointments, and fees.
- Badge Application: The first step to acquiring an airport ID badge is to complete this application. You must bring your completed application with you to your first appointment.
- Fingerprint Application: Applicants are required to undergo a fingerprint-based criminal history record check (CHRC).
- List of Acceptable Documents: You must provide two government-accepted forms of identification or documentation to apply or renew an airport ID badge. View the full list of acceptable documentation.
- Privacy Act Notice: In order to receive your airport ID badge, you'll need to review and sign our Privacy Act Notice.
- Vehicle Registration Request: If you need to park a personal vehicle inside the perimeter of the airport, you'll need to register your vehicle with the Operations Office.
See Something, Say Something
You are the Eyes, Ears, and Voice of your airport. What you observe can save lives. If you identify potential insider threats, report the incident or behaviors to your supervisor, law enforcement, or follow airport/company policy.
All charter flights wishing to utilize Capital Region International Airport must complete and submit the Charter Request Worksheet at least 48 hours in advance of the requested operation. Please send all completed worksheets and any related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.